The Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WiCAL) is the assisted living division of the Wisconsin Health Care Association (WHCA). WiCAL distinguishes itself from other trade associations in their experience, expertise, resources and depth of staff. WHCA/WiCAL is dedicated to advancing the long term care profession.
The association’s staff is poised to proactively and reactively advocate for the provider community, while advancing the quality agenda through education, initiatives and members assistance.
Some perceive WHCA/WiCAL as a “nursing home” association, and while WHCA has a long and storied history representing Wisconsin’s nursing home provider community, it has been representing the AL community for years. WiCAL members find that the experience of the association, the changing face of the entire provider continuum, and the opportunity to work with the NH professionals, is an invaluable asset and benefit of membership.
WiCAL Mission Statement
The WiCAL vision is that Wisconsin’s assisted living providers be national leaders in providing the highest quality assisted living services through provider-led efforts, rather than prescriptive regulatory dictates. Our mission is therefore to advocate for and assist members in ethically, effectively and efficiently providing the highest quality of services to the elderly and disabled citizens of Wisconsin.
The WiCAL vision is to have Wisconsin’s assisted living community to maintain a national leadership position in the provision of services to elders and disabled communities through provider-led ethical and quality efforts, financially strong and sustainable operations, and a robust and trained workforce.
The values and principals of WiCAL are:
- Provider driven and collaborative efforts, rather than legislative or regulatory dictates, are the most effective method to achieve quality, success and operational strength;
- WiCAL and its members are committed to the highest ethical standards in marketing and providing services to Wisconsin’s elders and disabled population;
- WiCAL supports member efforts to measure, track and use service and clinical quality measures in meeting client and community services needs.
- Customer and employee satisfaction are the primary measures of quality that shall guide member efforts;
- WiCAL shall provide cost-effective educational training opportunities and valuable services to its members to assist in their successful operations